The Creig Northrop Team of Long & Foster Real Estate has renewed its partnership for the second consecutive year with University of Maryland Athletics and the USO of Metropolitan Washington in its sponsorship of the “Hoops for Heroes” program. Last year The Creig Northrop Team of Long & Foster Real Estate donated $14,300 to the USO of Metropolitan Washington by donating $100 for each three-pointer scored by the Terrapins during the 2010-2011 men’s basketball regular season.
“The USO’s role is to do the little things to boost morale and let our nation’s service men and women know they are supported and appreciated,” said Elaine Rogers, president of the USO of Metropolitan Washington. “The continued generosity of the community makes it possible for USO-Metro to serve the troops and their families, and we are truly grateful that The Creig Northrop Team is supporting the Hoops for Heroes program, which will do great things for our military personnel and their families. Go Terps!”
The two groups were paired a year ago by Terrapin Sports Marketing, the corporate partnership arm of Maryland Athletics, based on The Creig Northrop Team of Long and Foster Real Estate’s interest in the military and Maryland Basketball.
“The Hoops for Heroes program was an incredible experience for me due to the fact that I am a proud Maryland graduate and honored to help the USO achieve more for the military” said Creig Northrop, of The Creig Northrop Team of Long & Foster Real Estate. “There was no question that we wanted to continue the partnership with these two amazing organizations again this year. With the energy of a new Maryland coach, we are looking forward to achieving even more for such an amazing mission.”
The success of last year’s program helped The Creig Northrop Team of Long and Foster Real Estate take home the Outstanding Multi-Media Campaign Award presented by the Home Builders Association of Maryland (HBAM) at their annual MAX awards. This award honors the best in sales and marketing for the building industry and recognizes leaders who stand out in a crowd.
If you’re going to play on Creig Northrop’s team, you’d better dress the part.
For men, that means a suit and tie — every day.
“For women, that means be professionally dressed, though I don’t know if I can exactly define that,” said Northrop. “But you know what it is. I’ve seen jeans and shorts and, oh, my gosh, we don’t allow that kind of thing. If you want people to treat you professionally, you have to look it.”
The man is unmistakably confident about what he wants, and projecting a professional image is just one cog in the mega-wheel that is the Creig Northrop Team. Its 40 agents last year racked up more than $308 million in sales, putting the Clarksville, Md., team in the No. 1 spot on RealTrends’ annual list of the nation’s 1,000 top real estate teams, by sales volume. (See related article: “Top real estate agents featured in ‘The Thousand’ report.”)
He figured the title was slightly overdue — the team had come in second on the list for four years. But there’s no time to bask in the glow. Continue reading
The Wall Street Journal and REAL Trends, Inc have compiled a summary of the Top 1,000 Real Estate Professionals and Teams in the United States. The Creig Northrop Team of Long & Foster Real Estate earned the # 1 spot in the Nation based on the amount of closed transaction volume for 2010. We are honored to have earned this recognition and asked members of our Team what being # 1 means to them and to our customers. Here is what they said:
- Real Estate is our passion
- Our Clients are our first priority
- When the Market changes, we know how to adapt
- We are honest, creative, & innovative
- We offer top notch Customer Service
- We set goals and strive to achieve them
- We live to make a difference in our Clients lives
- We are always thinking about how to improve ourselves
- We strive to always be there for our Clients through thick and thin, we are with them, guiding them through it all
- We think ahead of the curve – we are willing to try new things, invest in new ideas
- We offer the whole package – a one-stop shop
- We work 24/7 and market 24/7 Continue reading
Real TRENDS in conjunction with LORE Magazine and The Wall Street Journal Names The Creig Northrop Team the #1 Team in the Country
Clarksville, MD – September 14, 2011- The Creig Northrop Team of Long & Foster® Real Estate, Inc., announced today that they have achieved their ultimate goal, ranking at # 1 on this year’s Top 1,000 Real Estate Professionals list by Real TRENDS in conjunction with LORE Magazine and The Wall Street Journal. This announcement puts Maryland on the real estate map as the most successful market in the country.
This recognition and milestone for The Creig Northrop Team is a true testament to the team’s perseverance, commitment and dedication to serving their customers and exceeding their expectations. In addition, this # 1 ranking highlights the potential and growth of the Maryland real estate market and The Creig Northrop Team’s ability to adapt to an ever-changing marketplace.
Creig Northrop, President of The Creig Northrop Team stated, “I am amazed and impressed for what we all have achieved and it’s an honor to be able to put the East Coast and Maryland, specifically, on the map with this recognition. The Creig Northrop Team works as a family, working together towards the same goals. We’ve been very strategic in looking at what we have to do to meet our goals. We’ve built our Team with Agents who are all hands-on and demonstrate energy and optimism towards achieving our goals and serving our clients. We’ve been realistic. While we’re large enough to serve everyone, we’re small enough to care and that will be a key objective to maintain as we head into the New Year, and will help us continue to retain the #1 spot.”
The Creig Northrop Team attributes their success to their ability to constantly evolve to meet the demands of the future, their blend of new media and proven, time-honored practices, and multi-faceted marketing initiatives including, but not limited to:
- Their 40 Full-time Agents, who concentrate mainly within the county in which they live and sell properties through communicating their own experiences and knowledge of living in that region;
- Knowledge of current and forecasted trends;
- Quick response time;
- ‘Get It Done’ attitude and expertise in listening, following up, and following through;
- Their commitment to staying active in the community and giving back;
- Their newly redesigned website featuring cutting edge “fusion” photography, high-definition virtual tours, You Tube video, integration with social media channels, mapping, and for the first time ever, recent sold data pulled directly from the Multiple Listing Service (MLS) available for consumers;
- Automatic texts on every listing so buyers can access information 24/7, and effective use of QR codes;
- Mobile application;
- Their understanding of how to market to the various generations of buyers and sellers and what they will be most responsive towards; and
- Their company’s full service, referral network to other Top Producing Agents nationwide to help clients with challenges they face when relocating.
Breaking News! It was just announced that The Creig Northrop Team of Long & Foster Real Estate is #1 team in the Nation – for all brokerages in the United States.*
“It is such an honor to be part of this amazing world class team. Without a doubt, teamwork is the secret to our success. Being # 1 requires an extreme amount of hard work and dedication. I couldn’t be more proud of every person in our organization.
Most of all, I want to thank YOU, our loyal clients. You continue to make us #1 in Maryland year after year. Now, for the first time, we are # 1 in the country. You make it fun for us to do our job. We love our work and love the opportunity we have to help people in our community. In the bigger picture, our quality of life improves when we enhance the lives of those around us. I think our team, and our clients, are different from others because of the enormous loyalty we have to each other. We really appreciate your business and feel you are part of our success. You make us #1!”
*According to Real Trends, Lore Magazine, and The Wall Street Journal based on team sales volume
Creig Northrop enjoyed Monday night’s unveiling of the new 2011 Collection of Maryland football uniforms designed by Under Armour. We are excited to support the team under new head coach Randy Edsall. Check out the streaming video or photo gallery and…Go Terps!
Baltimore Sun Coverage of the Event
Image courtesy of The Baltimore Sun
The Creig Northrop Team of Long & Foster® Real Estate, Inc., the top real estate team in the state of Maryland, and #2 in the United States, announced today the launch of its new website at www.northropteam.com.
The goal of the full-service, customer-focused site is to bring the latest in search functionality and social media to a centralized area that allows consumers to easily search for and experience properties to the fullest extent possible through the use of technology.
“We are aware now more than ever before that 90 percent of shoppers start their home search online,” said Creig Northrop, principal of The Creig Northrop Team. “We are the leading real estate resource in the Maryland and Washington, D.C. area and that means staying ahead of the curve and meeting our technology savvy consumers where they are most comfortable. We listened to our customers and what they want is an innovative, five-star website that combines all of the great services we offer, such as professional photography, high-definition virtual tours and You Tube videos with the latest technology so they can almost walk through a home without even being there.”
The new full-service, customer-focused website will provide consumers with more information on properties than ever before and features:
- Clean, user friendly layout for enhanced functionality and effortless access to seller-client listings, search features and other important information;
- A robust search engine that draws information from the Multiple Regional Information System (MRIS) to quickly deliver a list of properties that accurately meets the searcher’s parameters;
- Easy-to-find high-definition virtual tours and large-format photos of each property to simulate a walk-through prior to an actual showing;
- Aggregated news, social media and blog content to streamline information gathering
- A customer portal where listings can be saved and buyers are able to communicate with their agent
- Ability to email and save listings, schedule a showing, request more information or see a virtual tour directly from the listing page;
- Individual agent pages with biographical information so shoppers may choose the agent whose background and areas of expertise best matches their needs;
- Map search features to pinpoint properties in the home buyer’s desired neighborhood
- Lifestyle search tool to assist buyers in identifying residential areas that best match their lifestyle
- Ability to map open houses;
- Property detail pages featuring easy-to-read graphs and charts of neighborhood information, including recent home sales data, census data, population demographics, school information, crime data and a link to Yelp for reviews on local retailers;
- High-definition video of each home powered by YouTube so buyers can share home video tours through social media channels.
On the back end, the new website includes a powerful customer relationship management tool that allows inquiries to immediately be directed to the appropriate agent for rapid response time. For sellers listing with The Creig Northrop Team, this sophisticated lead management system means agents are more likely to turn inquiries into buyers by communicating with those shoppers and getting them qualified early in their search process.
Also among those to benefit from the new state-of-the-art website are The Creig Northrop Team’s corporate and military clients. Two years ago, the company launched its Corporate and Military Relations Division to meet the unique needs of its corporate and military clients. With the new website, employees who are relocating to the area to work for local corporations, government agencies or are part of the military will have access to the latest technology so they can begin searching for a home before relocating to the area. For more information, please visit www.northropteam.com.