The Creig Northrop Team of Long & Foster Real Estate is proud to announce that the Spring 2011 issue of The Creig Northrop Team Certified Home Collection is now available!
Over 30,000 printed copies will be distributed to coffee shops, restaurants, metro stops, hotels, dry cleaners, and other high traffic locations near you. Be sure to pick up a copy, or click below to view a cutting edge, digital, flip-through version!
As you know, The Creig Northrop Team has devoted ourselves to ensuring that ALL of our properties receive the highest level of service at all times and we will continue with these extraordinary expectations throughout the coming year.
April 18th is Tax Day! And one of the best tax write-offs is a home. There are so many tax benefits to owning vs. renting, that we highly recommend everyone researches their options before making a decision either way.
Tax rules for real estate are constantly changing, therefore we suggest reading a useful publication (IRS Publication 530) called Tax Information for Homeowners that covers such topics as:
- How you treat items such as settlement and closing costs, real estate taxes, sales taxes, home mortgage interest, and repairs
- What you can and cannot deduct on your tax return
- The first-time homebuyer credit
- The tax credit you can claim if you received a mortgage credit certificate when you bought your home.
- Why you should keep track of adjustments to the basis of your home. (Your home’s basis generally is what it costs; adjustments include the cost of any improvements you make.)
- What records you should keep as proof of the basis and adjusted basis
- And other helpful information
Download the Publication 530
Although we, as Real Estate Professionals, are knowledgeable about the tax laws, your best resource is always a tax accountant or attorney.