If you’re going to play on Creig Northrop’s team, you’d better dress the part.
For men, that means a suit and tie — every day.
“For women, that means be professionally dressed, though I don’t know if I can exactly define that,” said Northrop. “But you know what it is. I’ve seen jeans and shorts and, oh, my gosh, we don’t allow that kind of thing. If you want people to treat you professionally, you have to look it.”
The man is unmistakably confident about what he wants, and projecting a professional image is just one cog in the mega-wheel that is the Creig Northrop Team. Its 40 agents last year racked up more than $308 million in sales, putting the Clarksville, Md., team in the No. 1 spot on RealTrends’ annual list of the nation’s 1,000 top real estate teams, by sales volume. (See related article: “Top real estate agents featured in ‘The Thousand’ report.”)
He figured the title was slightly overdue — the team had come in second on the list for four years. But there’s no time to bask in the glow. Continue reading
The Wall Street Journal and REAL Trends, Inc have compiled a summary of the Top 1,000 Real Estate Professionals and Teams in the United States. The Creig Northrop Team of Long & Foster Real Estate earned the # 1 spot in the Nation based on the amount of closed transaction volume for 2010. We are honored to have earned this recognition and asked members of our Team what being # 1 means to them and to our customers. Here is what they said:
- Real Estate is our passion
- Our Clients are our first priority
- When the Market changes, we know how to adapt
- We are honest, creative, & innovative
- We offer top notch Customer Service
- We set goals and strive to achieve them
- We live to make a difference in our Clients lives
- We are always thinking about how to improve ourselves
- We strive to always be there for our Clients through thick and thin, we are with them, guiding them through it all
- We think ahead of the curve – we are willing to try new things, invest in new ideas
- We offer the whole package – a one-stop shop
- We work 24/7 and market 24/7 Continue reading
Real TRENDS in conjunction with LORE Magazine and The Wall Street Journal Names The Creig Northrop Team the #1 Team in the Country
Clarksville, MD – September 14, 2011- The Creig Northrop Team of Long & Foster® Real Estate, Inc., announced today that they have achieved their ultimate goal, ranking at # 1 on this year’s Top 1,000 Real Estate Professionals list by Real TRENDS in conjunction with LORE Magazine and The Wall Street Journal. This announcement puts Maryland on the real estate map as the most successful market in the country.
This recognition and milestone for The Creig Northrop Team is a true testament to the team’s perseverance, commitment and dedication to serving their customers and exceeding their expectations. In addition, this # 1 ranking highlights the potential and growth of the Maryland real estate market and The Creig Northrop Team’s ability to adapt to an ever-changing marketplace.
Creig Northrop, President of The Creig Northrop Team stated, “I am amazed and impressed for what we all have achieved and it’s an honor to be able to put the East Coast and Maryland, specifically, on the map with this recognition. The Creig Northrop Team works as a family, working together towards the same goals. We’ve been very strategic in looking at what we have to do to meet our goals. We’ve built our Team with Agents who are all hands-on and demonstrate energy and optimism towards achieving our goals and serving our clients. We’ve been realistic. While we’re large enough to serve everyone, we’re small enough to care and that will be a key objective to maintain as we head into the New Year, and will help us continue to retain the #1 spot.”
The Creig Northrop Team attributes their success to their ability to constantly evolve to meet the demands of the future, their blend of new media and proven, time-honored practices, and multi-faceted marketing initiatives including, but not limited to:
- Their 40 Full-time Agents, who concentrate mainly within the county in which they live and sell properties through communicating their own experiences and knowledge of living in that region;
- Knowledge of current and forecasted trends;
- Quick response time;
- ‘Get It Done’ attitude and expertise in listening, following up, and following through;
- Their commitment to staying active in the community and giving back;
- Their newly redesigned website featuring cutting edge “fusion” photography, high-definition virtual tours, You Tube video, integration with social media channels, mapping, and for the first time ever, recent sold data pulled directly from the Multiple Listing Service (MLS) available for consumers;
- Automatic texts on every listing so buyers can access information 24/7, and effective use of QR codes;
- Mobile application;
- Their understanding of how to market to the various generations of buyers and sellers and what they will be most responsive towards; and
- Their company’s full service, referral network to other Top Producing Agents nationwide to help clients with challenges they face when relocating.
Breaking News! It was just announced that The Creig Northrop Team of Long & Foster Real Estate is #1 team in the Nation – for all brokerages in the United States.*
“It is such an honor to be part of this amazing world class team. Without a doubt, teamwork is the secret to our success. Being # 1 requires an extreme amount of hard work and dedication. I couldn’t be more proud of every person in our organization.
Most of all, I want to thank YOU, our loyal clients. You continue to make us #1 in Maryland year after year. Now, for the first time, we are # 1 in the country. You make it fun for us to do our job. We love our work and love the opportunity we have to help people in our community. In the bigger picture, our quality of life improves when we enhance the lives of those around us. I think our team, and our clients, are different from others because of the enormous loyalty we have to each other. We really appreciate your business and feel you are part of our success. You make us #1!”
*According to Real Trends, Lore Magazine, and The Wall Street Journal based on team sales volume